Bad business

Note: This post might be a bit argument inducive. But since this is just a one man opinion, please hold your horses.

Yesterday, I took my time to visit an orphanage website online. Now, this is considered to be a very popular organisation meant not only to help children maintain their lives, but also improving it by providing facilities like education (or so it said). Being a softy, I thought this is my time to do some good for one, and I made a decent donation (Rs 2k). This donation was targeted at improving life of a specific individual. Later in the day, I went there to meet the child I was supposedly helping out. Turns out there is no record for any such donation in their books, then I thought maybe its a delay.

To verify that hypothesis, I asked a caretaker to show me the books. Turns out there were a few donations there but only for cash paying donors. I enquired him about the transaction, and turns out they already know about these corrupted people, filling their pockets with online donations.

No wonder we have not been able to progress as a country, when there are parasites like these roaming around, feeding off the people who already have nothing.

Now, this is just one of the many cases of corruption that we encounter in our day to day lives. Most of the temple pundits are part of this category of twisted people.

As I mentioned before, this is not meant to stop you from doing good, but please make sure your help does reach the people in need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Places: Dragon's Triangle

Cruel History

Magical number :73