Poetry: "my heart's desire"

Well this is a piece written in sheer agony, so excuse the grammatical mistakes (if any).

Here Goes...

---------------------------------------------------------

my heart's desire

You always looked so pretty,
every guy's perfect dream.
But, I had a feeling,
you were narcissistic and mean.

They all kept staring,
at every step that you took.
While I kept my distance
not even caring if you looked.

Then one day out of the blue,
as I was taking a casual walk.
I overheard a few ideas,
and a few phrases while you talked.

With brains added to beauty,
you were now even my dream.
But, then I revisited my memories,
and at my actions I just screamed.

Surprised at my ignorance,
I felt stupid and I grieved.
That day ended in penance,
still on night I couldn’t sleep.

As, the days went on,
I tried to get a bit closer.
And now in your eyes,
I must seem like a poser.

I'm utterly tired and broken,
and it's your presence that i yearn.
On my wick of heart's desires,
it's your flame that now burns.

---------------------------------------------------------

I seem to have vented out a few dark emotions with this piece, hope you enjoyed it.

Peace out \./

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Places: Dragon's Triangle

Cruel History

Magical number :73